Frequently Asked Questions

Accounting and Billing

  • How do I pay my fees on line?

    We no longer use Alliance Bank to make online payments but will use your existing Resident Portal credentials or create a new Resident Portal account to pay your future assessments/fees online via     

    If you wish to pay online via, you will need to visit our site to make one-time payments or schedule new recurring payments. Online payments will post same day to your Resident Portal account but will take 24-36 hours to process through your bank or credit card.

    For more information on making an online payment, please watch our step-by-step video at 

  • Why did we receive coupons if I just closed on my house, and it was paid for through the year?

    The system automatically generated a coupon for every homeowner regardless of their balance. This is your notice that your account will be charged for the amount of the assessments on the date printed on the coupons.

  • Who do I make my check payable to?

    Make your check or money order payable to your Association/Community. Please Write your Account Number in the memo section of your check or money order Mail the appropriate payment coupon and check or money order to:

    Your Association/Community

    P.O. Box 620936

    Orlando FL 32862-0936

  • My HOA dues are included on the escrow account with my mortgage payments?

    No, usually your escrow account includes the taxes and insurance. The payments for the Homeowner Association are separate. Please check with your mortgage company to verify this. 

  • Can I pay with a credit card?

    Yes, you can pay with a credit card or check (ACH) online through this website by clicking on "Make a Payment" located on the homepage after signing into the Frontsteps Portal.

  • Can I pay my dues in advance?

    Sure, you can pay your dues in advance. Your payments will be on the prepaid balance and they will be reduced every time the assessments are charged.

Architectural Review - (ACC/ARC)

  • Why must I submit an architectural request?

    There are many reasons to submit an architectural change request, the biggest being for your own protection. If a guideline were to change that puts you in violation, having an approved request allows you to be grandfathered in thus preventing you from being cited for the violation. Another reason for submitting the request is to show other owners in the community that the changes you make are considered aesthetically pleasing, although another owner may not like your taste.

  • If I wanted to build a fence in front of my house, could I build it taller than what the HOA deed restrictions state?

    Fair and uniform enforcement of the HOA's deed restrictions is critical to maintaining property values. Association deed restriction cases are typically overturned in the courts if there has been inconsistent application of the association's rules and regulations over the years. Thus, unless you can show that the rule has not been applied consistently, you won't have much recourse.

  • Can I install a satellite dish or wireless network antenna?

    Federal Communications Commission (F.C.C.) regulations prevent an association from prohibiting such communication devices. However, the association can create rules and regulations regarding its size and placement on a lot or parcel. It is strongly recommended that such devices be installed as close to the ground as possible and out-of-view from a neighboring property, a common area or the street. If your installation requires the device to be visible, it is recommended that you submit an architectural change request form to confirm placement of your device.

  • Do I need to get Permits prior to any work being done?

    If the work to be completed requires any permits or licenses from the city, county or state, it is your responsibility to research and obtain those permits and submit them along with an architectural change request form. The Association, Board of Directors and management company are not responsible for researching or obtaining permits on behalf of the owner.

  • If I have a question regarding an architectural request, whom do I contact?

    If you have a question about an architectural change request that you intend to submit or have already submitted, please contact the Customer Care Department. 

General Community Questions

  • What is a Property Management Company and what do they do?

    A property management entity contracted by a Board of Directors or community to provide a variety of services including but not limited to collecting assessments, sub-contractor endeavors, financial advisement and statement/reports preparation and analysis, general maintenance and problem resolution, and advisement on legal and other property related matters. Some of these companies manage hundreds of properties simultaneously, while others focus on individual properties.

  • What are “ByLaws”?

    A set of rules or guidelines regarding the operation of a non-profit corporation such as a Board. Bylaws generally set forth definitions of offices and committees involved with the Board of Directors. They can include voting rights, meetings, notices, and other areas involved with the successful operation of the Association. 

  • What are CC&Rs?

    The term CC&R refers to 'Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions.' A real covenant is a legal obligation imposed in a deed by the seller of a home and or property upon the buyer of the real estate to do or not to do something. Such restrictions frequently 'run with the land' and are enforceable on future buyers of the property. Examples might be to maintain a property in a reasonable state of repair, to preserve a sight-line for a neighboring property, not to run a business from a residence, or not to build on certain parts of the property. Many covenants are very simple and are meant only to protect a neighborhood from homeowners destroying trees or historic things or otherwise directly harming property values. Some can be more specific and strict, outlining everything a homeowner can do to the exterior of their home, including the number of non-familial tenants one may have, acceptable colors to re-paint the home, exactly when holiday decorations are allowed up, automobile placement or repair on property, satellite placement, etc.

  • What is a Board of Directors?

    In relation to an HOA, Community or other formal organization, a director is an officer charged with the conduct and management of its affairs. The directors collectively are referred to as a board of directors, and are generally elected or appointed. Sometimes the board will appoint one of its members to be the chair, making this person the President of the Board of Directors or Chairman. 

  • What is the difference between the Board of Directors and the HOA?

    The association consists of all owners within each community. Each and every owner is a member of the association. Membership is not optional. The Board of Directors consists of those owners who have been elected to conduct the day-to-day business of the association and make the decisions that affect all owners.

  • What is a Homeowners Association (HOA)?

    A Homeowners' Association (HOA) is a legal entity created by a real estate developer for the purpose of developing, managing and selling a community of homes. It is given the authority to enforce the covenants, conditions & restrictions (CC&Rs) and to manage the common amenities of the development. It allows a developer to end their responsibility over the community, typically by transferring ownership of the association to the homeowners after selling. Generally accepted as a voluntary association of homeowners gathered together to protect their property values and to improve the neighborhood, a large percentage of U.S neighborhoods where free standing homes exist have an HOA. Most homeowners' associations are nonprofit organizations and are subject to state statutes that govern non-profit corporations and homeowners' associations.

  • Are ‘Dues’ different than ‘Assessments’?

    No. A predetermined set of fees usually referred to as Dues or assessments are collected by HOAs, Community Associations, or divisions of property management for the upkeep of said organizations or neighborhoods in general. These fees are billed at intervals, sometimes by month, quarter, or annually.

  • What is an assessment and what is it used for?

    An assessment is something used to manage and maintain the community. Some of the expenses that must be paid include, but are not limited to water, electricity, repairs, maintenance, improvements, community management, mailings to owners, insurance and legal fees. Some money is also put into a reserve account to pay for future maintenance.

  • Do all violations warrant a letter?

    The Community Manager sends violation letters for all violations observed during inspection and all violations reported by other owners. It is possible that some violations are not observed and thus no violation letter is sent.

  • If I receive a violation letter, who was it that sent it?

    Violation letters are sent out by the HOA's Community Manager.  


  • CDD Community Center

    Falcon Trace Property Owners are all exclusive only members of the Community Development District (CDD) at Hawk Lake Park on Hawk Lake Drive. This park consists of a pool, clubhouse, tennis courts, basketball courts and picnic areas, together with a parking lot. Details of opening times, etc., for this facility can be found on their website, Here. 

Scroll to Top